Procurement Specialist – Marketing
Procurement Specialist – Marketing – Akron, OH
About the position
Provide operational support to the Commodity Manager and Category Manager positions through leadership of the bid process, bid analysis, and first-pass sourcing recommendations for marketing services. These can include creative, digital and media agency experience, print and promotional products experience, market research, direct mail, conferences/trade shows/events management, rebates/incentives, and public relations.. Primary responsibility for coordinating Supplier Relationship Management globally.
Maintain and update all price information records within SAP and be accountable for the integrity of this data in the regional operating systems.
Responsible for commodity performance metrics, analysing Business Intelligence and reporting supplier data and trends.
- Bachelor´s degree in Marketing, Business/Finance, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management specialization or Engineering
- No minimum years of experience 1-3 years preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of business processes
- Organization skills, strong Microsoft Access/Excel skills and/or other database programs, a team player, strong communication skills, influence skills, self directing, and ability to work in a very fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong financial/statistical analysis, purchasing & technical experience.
- Prior internship, co-op experience in Marketing Purchasing, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- Bid/Negotiation Processes – Lead the bid process, including but not limited to pre-bid source identification, RFI release, RFP development, bid scheduling, bid validation, and participate in supplier negotiations. Support negotiations by providing bid analysis, productivity assessments and leverage opportunities. Obtain commodity volume forecasts.
- Business Analysis and Financial Reporting – Provide reporting on cost projections, risk estimates, productivities, and working capital changes. Prepare clean sheet analysis as required by Commodity Managers in support of assigned commodities.
- Source Plan Administration and Contract Compliance – Primary owner of supplier master data contained in price information records database and contract compliance. Develop and submit business case for new source approvals.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): Primary point of contact for supplier communications. Initiate and drive corrective actions as they relate to commodity strategies, supplier strategies and business continuity. Be responsible for processes related to payment terms, invoice exceptions, and cost of quality recoveries (over $5,000).
- Commodity Information – Primary responsibility to maintain all market intelligence records for assigned commodities. Provide market analysis and recommendations to Commodity Managers for review and incorporation into commodity and supplier strategies.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates please click the Apply Now button
- After entering your details you will be given a link to Goodyear where you will need to register and complete our online application process.
- It may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete this process. You may return to complete your applications at a future time, however; your application will not be submitted until you finished the entire online apply process at goodyear